Russel + Aitken (Falkirk + Alloa) take the security of your data very seriously. All information will be treated as confidential and privileged unless you waive such confidentiality or we are required to divulge it by law. This notice sets out how we may collect, use and share your personal information. It should be read in conjunction with any Terms of Business issued to you.
Russel + Aitken (Falkirk + Alloa) are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected when you get in touch with us via our website. This will include, but will not be limited to, visiting or contacting us via our website for the purposes of providing information in relation to an on-going transaction, requesting information or a return call, signing up for a newsletter or event. We may use your information to contact you about services we offer that may interest you. You can opt-out of this by contacting us.
We take appropriate measures to secure personal data and protect it from loss/unauthorised use.
What we collect
We will collect any personal data you provide via the website, including your name, address and contact details as may be required in order to keep you up to date with your transaction. Please let us know if there are any changes to that information
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Fraud prevention, for audit and debt collection and for statistical analysis.
- In order to update you about the progress of the work we are carrying out for you.
- We may use your contact details and any relevant information you have provided to advise you about areas of our work in which you have previously confirmed an interest, or that we consider may be of additional interest, provided you have agreed to this and have not subsequently opted out of receiving such marketing or informational communications from us.
All data collected will be stored in our case management system and used in furtherance of your transaction as it is a legitimate interest of both Russel + Aitken (Falkirk + Alloa) and you. We will request consent before using your data in any other capacity.
Who we share information with
We may share information with third parties in the course of any transaction we undertake on your instructions but only as expressly required by the transaction. We will not share your information with any person or company overseas without your express permission
How long we will retain your data
We will retain your information for up to 10 years, as it is our legal obligation to do so, in accordance with Law Society requirements. Further information on this can be found in our Data Retention Policy which is available on request.
An HTTP cookie is a piece of data sent on behalf of a website (such as our website) and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing.
- You have the right to be told what data is held on your behalf and this information must be provided to you within one month of us receiving your subject access request.
- You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data held for your own use although this right only relates to information you have provided.
- You have the right to have any incorrect data amended or deleted.
- You have the right to be “forgotten”, provided this right does not affect our legal obligation to retain data in accordance with Law Society requirements.
- You have the right to object to any processing of your data.
- You have the right to restrict processing of your data to a specific task.
If you are, in any way, unhappy with how we have used your data, you may lodge a formal complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
If you would like further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you, please contact
Karen McLachlan, Managing Partner, Unit 5 The Courtyard, Callendar Business Park, Falkirk FK1 1XR, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 01324 622888
All data and information provided on this site is for information purposes only. Russel + Aitken (Falkirk + Alloa) Ltd make no representations as to accuracy, completeness or validity of any information provided on this site and will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information.